I realize my job here is to create entertaining stuff for you, but the muse isn’t on me. I’ll leave you other people’s creative stuff.
- From the Indiana University anthropology department, The Museum of Weird Consumer Culture. Fake testicles for your dog. I kid you not. (via Metafilter).
- Fish genetically engineered to taste like fish. Huh. From Malaria, Bedbugs, Sea Lice, and Sunsets.
- Missouri hereby apologizes for subjecting the world to Senator Kit Bond. Waterboarding is like swimming…. No, not everyone in Missouri is an idiot.
- If you thought that was bad, during the ice storm recently, our Republican governor warned against price gouging, which is illegal. Instead of having us turn in culprits to the state’s Attorney General–Jay Nixon, a Democrat who happens to be running for governor next year–Blunt advised people to tell the Better Business Bureau or the Chamber of Commerce. Yes, and next time you come across a drug dealer, let Walgren’s know…
- Jeffrey Zeldman, on the call to disband the CSS working group because of the Opera lawsuit:
Apple and Microsoft and Netscape and Sun and Opera have been suing each other since the W3C started. What lawyers do has never stopped developers from Apple and Microsoft and Netscape and Sun and Opera from working together to craft W3C and ECMA specs.
And even if this time is differentâ€”even if, just this once, the existence of a lawsuit will stop a working group from workingâ€”Iâ€™m not sure itâ€™s practical or advisable to cut browser makers out of the equation. For one thing, have you seen what the W3C comes up with when browser developers arenâ€™t involved?
I can attest to this. I diligently followed the RDF working group’s effort. No browser developers were involved in it. Turned my hair white.
- Granny Hackers make History. Good story but…granny? If I ever get a chance to meet Tim Berners-Lee, I’m calling him Grandpa. (via Michael Bernstein)