My bad. The Judge did modify the TRO to adjust the wording on August 21. In addition, there will be no oral arguments in the case. Each side will file its motions, and the Judge will rule by October 31st.
The Judge has agreed to the motion for an expedited hearing based on the merits of the case in Front Range Equine Rescue et al v. Vilsack et al.
The schedule is as follows:
- The USDA files the Administrative Record on or before August 29 (they have filed it, docket 136-1)
- The Plaintiffs and Plaintiff-Intervenor will file their Opening Briefs on the Merits on or before September 12.
- The USDA and Defendant-Intervenors will file their responses on or before September 26.
- The Plaintiffs and Plaintiff-Intervenor will file a reply on or before October 10, 2013.
- It looks like Judge Armijo will make her decision on or before October 17th.
I can see nothing on the plaintiff request to modify the TRO and bond amount. I imagine since the case is moving along so quickly, the Judge decided to leave things as they are. If she does issue an amended TRO and bond adjustment, I’ll update the court documents, accordingly.
So, here we go. Unlike other court cases I’m following (such as the ASPCA et al vs. Feld Entertainment and the counter RICO case) that have lasted for years, this case is over and done with, quickly.