Recovered from the Wayback Machine.
I’ve had entries in my comments in addition to email that the images are overlapping the text when my new weblog is viewed in Netscape 4.7.
This is not an unknown problem with Netscape 4.7 and usually has to do with wrapping the IMG tag in paragraph tags. This is also further complicated by the use of the CSS attribute LINE-HEIGHT.
I’ve experimented around with one of the postings — removing the line-height attribute from the surrounding DIV block, removing automatically generated line breaks so that I can use my own formatting and so on, but from what I can see in Netscape 4.7 on my Linux box, the images are still overlapping the text.
I have the following options at this time:
- I can go back to Blogger and forget all about Movable Type because this problem didn’t occur with Blogger.
- I can change the formatting on this new blog to emulate what I had in Blogger, completely.
- I can stop using images.
- I can leave things as they are, continue to look for a solution, and hope that all the Netscape 4.7 people will:
- Understand these things happen when you use an old browser and
- Consider upgrading or
- Realize that they’re going to have these problems and adopt a philosophical approach to the whole thing.
At this time, I’m following the last option.
For more on Overlap Problem: